The Iberdrola – PERSEO International Startup Program is aimed at facilitating the group’s access to the technologies of the future and promoting the creation and development of a global and dynamic ecosystem of technology companies and entrepreneurs of the electricity sector.
Through PERSEO, Iberdrola – the world leader in renewable energies – provides startups with its investor support and expertise, its base of 30 million supply points, and more than 52 GW of installed capacity. In this way, it contributes to developing and boosting an innovative corporate fabric in the energy sector.
This time, Iberdrola is looking for solutions that help in improving wind farm monitoring systems, with a special interest in solutions that can be implemented quickly, easily, and inexpensively across their older wind farms.
Improving Wind Turbine Monitoring
Wind turbine monitoring systems and its associated electrical infrastructure are a key factor in extending the useful life of the equipment, as they collect the large volumes of data to develop diagnostic and prognostic models. Moreover, such systems make it possible to transition from corrective or planned maintenance to maintenance schedules that are based on the condition of the equipment and the early detection of faults.
An essential part of these monitoring systems is sensors and a monitoring system to measure a variety of parameters associated with a turbine’s components. These sensors feed into the turbine control and alert system and the diagnostic systems. By collecting and analyzing data over time, certain patterns present themselves, providing opportunities for improving the efficiency of operations.
Why Your Startup Should Participate
The prize on offer for the challenge winner will consist of signing a collaboration and test agreement with PERSEO and/or with any other relevant Iberdrola group company. This will include:
- Iberdrola will cover the costs of the collaboration and testing of the pilot project
- Providing the winner with the necessary technical support to test the proposed solution, giving access to equipment, appliances, infrastructure, high technology sites, and joint work areas
- Providing the winner with a real environment and real data to test the solution
If the pilot project is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer startups or participants the opportunity to scale up the solution by means of commercial agreements.
In addition, Iberdrola’s investment arm PERSEO may consider investing in the challenge winner.
Who Should Apply For The Challenge
Individuals and teams are eligible to apply for the startup challenge.
Startups and proposals must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Innovative sensors and systems for monitoring the components of the drivetrain:
- Both for the main bearing and multiplier
- Vibration sensors
- Axle torque measurement sensors
- Accelerometers (including those that can go inside planetary gear trains in multipliers)
- Wireless sensors for measuring gear tooth wear & more
- Wireless acoustic sensors
- Innovative systems for monitoring the breakage of components inside the rotor
- Low-cost wireless sensors for measuring the temperature of rotor bearings
- Low-cost wireless sensors for monitoring the structural behavior of foundations by capturing tilt, tension, and low-frequency vibrations (<100 Hz)
Leading The Development Of Sustainable Energy Technology
Most of the Iberdrola – PERSEO startup programs focus on technologies and business models that improve the sustainability of the energy model through increased electrification and decarbonization of the economy.
With PERSEO, Iberdrola promotes different startup challenges to find innovative solutions that provide valuable improvements to its operations and are also environmentally sustainable. The most recent challenge is the protection of birds on electricity grids, an international call in search of innovative solutions that allow coexistence between overhead lines and the surrounding fauna and flora.
To join Iberdrola’s Wind Turbine Monitoring Challenge, apply by 31 August!
Sharing is caring!
The post Iberdrola Launches New Startup Challenge Seeking Innovative Wind Turbine Monitoring Solutions appeared first on StartUs Magazine.