Alike many of you, I am trying to start a small business. So small that everything is online. I can do this anywhere on a laptop with wifi. An online store with no physical inventory needed to be stored with me.
To protect myself, I’ve recently learned about forming an LLC. Being based out of California, I will be paying the 800$ franchise tax no matter what. A dent in my pocket before I even start.
I learned that CA does not have the option for an anonymous LLC. I do not want my home address to be associated to the LLC in any public records. I found out about virtual office spaces. $ 50 a month for a regus office is not something I can afford right now.
I’ve also seen VirtualPostMail which seems promising. But would it satisfy the operation address needed for LLC filing and would it be used against me for Fraudulent Business Filings ? Also they have a separate pricing option “Proof of Address” for a leasing agreement used for bank accounts, but that is an additional 100$ a month.
Here is my main concern/needs :
- A business address that satisfies the corporate veil
- Home address hidden
- Mail Pickup (around Oakland, California)
- Enough to open a Business Bank Account, checking, credit
- Upfront cost
- I want to keep the operation cost to below 2000$ for the first year used for …
- 1 LLC, multiple online stores, running FB ads, register agent, CA 800$ franchise tax, virtual office space that LEGALLY upholds the corporate veil in case of lawsuits.
Please help and stay safe. Thank you.